Hot tracks


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Friday, March 18, 2011

Rihanna Opens Up About Dad’s Betrayal In April Vogue


From Chris Brown to Jay-Z: If it seems Rihanna’s career has been defined as much by music as by the men in her life, that’s because it has.


But no man has had more of an impact on the course of the pop star’s life than her now estranged father, Ronald Fenty. Rihanna opens up about her troubled relationship with the man she remembers as a violent alcoholic in her debut appearance in Shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz, RiRi covers the April issue of the magazine, the publication’s 10th Annual Shape Issue. The charttopper is now getting into the best shape of her life for her first action role in the upcoming Hollywood action blockbuster Battleship.

But more on that later….

RiRi has slammed in the Vogue pieceher father after he sold tall tales and candid family photos to the tabloids.The 23-year-old admits her father’s actions make her question exactly what she means to him.

“It’s really strange … You grow up with your father, you know him, you are part of him, for goodness sakes! And then he does something so bizarre that I can’t begin to wrap my mind around it,” the “Rude Boy” hitmaker confides. “You hear these horror stories about people going behind people’s backs and doing strange things, but you always think, ‘Not my family. My father would never do that to me.’”


And the singer was particularly upset with what her father told the media after she went into hiding following her assault at the hands of Brown.

“My dad went to the press and just told them a bunch of lies, because he hadn’t talked to me after … that whole thing. He never called to find out how I was doing, if I was alive, nothing. He just never called. He went straight to the press and got a check,” she added.

Rihanna On Body Image: “Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it’s not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up. My body is comfortable, and it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.”

On Bouncing Back From Chris Brown Scandal: “It actually gave me a lot of liberation,” she told Vogue. “What I mean is, I was able to tap into the personal part of my music. I started to tell stories through my music that were actually my stories. My album before that, there was still a little bit of protection; there was still an innocence to me,” she said. And what that time in my life did was kind of wake people up: It’s not all a bed of roses. My life is like yours.”

On Family (which includes her younger brothers, 21-year-old Rorrey and 14-year-old Rajad, and her mom): “Rorrey is the man. I love him so much, and now I have started to look up to him in certain ways; it’s crazy,” she told the magazine. “And my younger brother is like my son. My mom is the one. She’s like Superwoman, I swear. She’s very forgiving but not a pushover in any way. Her energy is off the chain. She only travels in stilettos. What are you doing, Mom? You’re 51!“

No comments:

Post a Comment